Appetizers for 4 – 6 people.
Pickled ginger, to taste
Mango chutney (1 teaspoon per cucumber slice)
20-25 whole roasted crickets
- Wash, peel and slice the cucumbers. Each slice should be around ½ inch thick.
- On a cookie tray, place the cumber slices on absorbent paper towels to absorb moisture. Sprinkle salt over to help draw out moisture.
- Slice ginger in thin slices. Arrange on top of each cucumber slice.
- Place a small dollop (½ teaspoon) of mango chutney on top of the pickled ginger.
- Place one or two crickets on top of the mango chutney on each cucumber slice. Cover them with more mango chutney (½ teaspoon per slice).
- Store in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- The paper towel should now have absorbed quite a lot of moisture. Carefully lift the cucumber slices off the paper towel and arrange them on a serving tray.
- Sprinkle the cucumber slices with coconut shavings.
- Serve chilled.