This recipe yields 30-40 cookies, depending on cookie size
1 ¾ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
135 grams (about 1 ¼ stick) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup dry roasted chopped crickets
1 cup cranberries, rinsed
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on two cookie trays.
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (An electric mixer will make this step easier.)
- Beat in egg and vanilla into the butter-sugar batter.
- Add the oat mixture, the crickets and the cranberries to the butter-sugar batter. Combine well.
- Drop rounded dollops of the batter onto the parchment papers. Make sure you give each cookie at least 2 inches of space to the next cookie.
- Bake one tray of cookies until they are golden. This will usually take 10-15 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Then bake the second tray.