This spicy snack is high in protein.
- 50 crickets
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Spread the crickets over a cookie sheet. It’s best if they don’t overlap. If your cookie sheet is small, you might have to do two batches instead of one to get a good result.
- Bake the crickets in the oven until they are completely dry. This will usually take around 60 minutes, but you should check on them after 30 minutes since the exact time needed can vary greatly. Decrease the temperature if they show signs of getting burned rather than just dried out.A cricket is ready when it can be easily crushed with a spoon against a hard surface.
- Take the crickets out of the oven an leave them to cool.
- If you don’t want to keep the legs and antennae on, simply roll the crickets between your palms to break these appendages off.
- Season the crickets with salt and chili powder.