This recipe makes 4 servings
2 large eggs
2 chopped cloves of garlic
Powdered ginger to taste
Powdered coriander to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
4 cups cold cooked brown rice
1 ½ cups of roasted crickets
1 cup chopped scallions
1 ½ tablespoons oyster sauce
½ cup cooked corn kernels
- Beat the eggs lightly and stir in garlic, ginger, coriander, black pepper and salt.
- Heat a wok or big frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the egg mixture. Cook while stirring. (The goal is to make scrambled eggs.)
- Remove the scrambled eggs and set aside.
- Clean the wok / frying pan. Heat it up again and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the brown rice and stir-fry for a few minutes using a wooden spoon.
- Gently stir in crickets, scallions and oyster sauce. Continue to stir for a few minutes.
- When the rice is warm enough, stir in the scrambled eggs.
- Stir in the corn kernels. Check if it is hot, if so, serve immediately.